Living Large For Cheap

When I first started working, I thought there was no way I'd lead any sort of luxury lifestyle for years. Maybe even decades! I assumed I couldn't afford gym memberships, that I'd have to stay in cheap motels, that airplane flights would have to be a rare an infrequent gift to myself or from someone else.

Fortunately, the moment my father discovered I was doing Pilates off a $4 DVD I picked up at the drug store and laying my head down on 2 star motel pillows, he taught me the ropes to living large for cheap.

Credit Cards

Get one. And seriously, don't mess around with paying on time. Keep getting the things you would have needed to buy regardless, but instead of paying with cash, charge the card! Credit cards can come with amazing bonuses like building up miles with certain airlines, and even travel points with certain chain resorts like Marriotts and Embassy Suites.

My dad brought us on a ski getaway to a resort town in which we slept in a four star resort that was usually over one thousand dollars a night! He locked it down for just four hundred dollars a night with those credit card travel reward points.

Free Gym Trials

Think those fancy machines are just for the wealthy? Think again. When I was just starting out as an unknown voice instructor in a new town and had no money coming in, my friend told me that she had been going to gyms for three months, and hadn't paid a penny! Essentially, many gyms offer two and even three week free trials. My smart buddy had merely been skipping around. Since most of my job requires sitting all day teaching people how to sing better, I really needed good workouts when I could get them. So, I took a cue from my buddy and before I knew it I was in a gym dotted with celebrities, getting personal training sessions and paying not a penny.

Blog about what you love

I have a friend who teaches high school students biology by day, and writes for an eco friendly beauty company by night. Why? Because she needs some means with which to fund her makeup addiction. She reached out to a popular beauty website, and offered to do review for them for free. The job takes very little time out of her schedule, requiring maybe 2 or 3 weekly posts, but for that she gets tons of free makeup every week for her to review for that site. This is an option in practically any industry! Restaurants, resorts, wardrobe, dog beds, whatever your heart desires!


----------------------------------------------------
Vera Esther is a healthy living, dating and luxury lifestyle writer. She has blogged about everything from organic wine tasting to how to tell if your first date is controlling and even innovative ways to pursue hobbies like learning how to sing online with sites like http://www.bristowvoicemethod.com

EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=263277

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver