How To Save Money At The Doctor

When I was a kid, any methods my doctors suggested for me healing from any ailment, my parents handed over their credit card for instantly

This instilled in me the idea that whatever the doctor says goes and to always trust him.

Today I have slightly wised up and realized that my parents were just being overly protective of their little daughter, so naturally they were going to stop at nothing in an effort to help me get better.

I'm certainly not saying you should ignore it when something goes wrong, but I am saying you should be conscious of what methods of treatment are intact essential to your healing. When you're struggling financially, you must be aware.

The truth is, physicians will suggest all sorts of treatments that aren't essential. I made this realization after fracturing my achilles and heading to the hospital. Partway into my visit to the doctor, I went to see the receptionist who was to give me my current bill, as well as tell me my doctor's further suggested remedies. If I accepted all the suggested treatments, I'd be charged $700. Gulp!

It was a first for me, but I held onto my credit card and asked some questions. I requested that the nurse explain to me, in detail, everything on the bill. It all sounded pretty standard until we hit the steroid injections, which were $300.

"Stop right there," I said. " Are the injections totally necessary?"

"They'll help." The nurse was dodging my question.

"But are they necessary?"

"No."

I denied the shots, and saved myself $300. Then guess what else happened? The following day, I woke up and found I felt 100% better, like I'd never even been injured. I hadn't taken any medicine or even pain killers. All the doctor did was take a look at my ankle and inform me I'd fractured it. If I'd skipped the hospital, my ankle would have been back to its usual self just two days later.

My friend who is a voice coach has come to the same realization. When she sustained an injury to her wrist playing the piano for a child who was learning how to sing, she couldn't play the piano at all. It was greatly hindering her ability to teach lessons as she always accompanies her students on the piano. She was on her way to the hospital. I told her, "Give it two days." Just two days after that, her wrist had completely returned to normal. And she probably would have dropped at least $400 at the hospital had she gone.

If you think you have a virus or something quite serious, go to a doctor immediately. However, if it's only something related to a muscle, give it one or two days. Those injuries commonly get better all on their own.


----------------------------------------------------
Vera Esther writes about topics in healthy living, relationships and travel. Her articles have appeared in dozens of publications and titels have ranged from "Is your date a relationship addict" to "Let your computer be your voice coach" (a review of the creative site http://www.thesingingzone.com/

EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=259001

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver